Reliance ferry - under Royal patronage

Last updated on 16-Nov-20

Ferry Reliance 158 tons, 112 feet, built at Port Esperance, Tasmania by J.Heron.  Used in Western Port from 1943-1946, including having the honour of bringing the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester to Phillip Island on an unofficial visit on Nov 28, 1945, returning the same day. 

YY9avlsTSAANi6KYA8uJFyBhu3AfRXYAUSAazpLu.jpegDuke and Dutchess of Gloucester at Cowes Primary School, 1954